In Solidarity with Palestine. Qudsiyyah Bhayat and The Islamic Family invite you to join them in a night of Islamic Calligraphy and Illumination. Reflect upon the works of Master Calligrapher Hattat Ferhat Kurlu, illumination Artist Zeynep Kurlu, and Calligrapher Hattat (Dr) Qudsiyyah Bhayat on the 17 of November 2023 inshaAllah, to be amongst friends in the company of the Quran in its visual exquisite form. To take inspiration. And to show solidarity at the opening of our Fine Art Exhibit.
Use the link below to sign up
Hattat Ferhat Kurlu was born in the village of Dağgüvezi, Fatsa in 1976. During his second year in the Faculty of Theology of Mayıs University, he was introduced to Illumination Ornament lectures and took his first art and Rika courses, igniting his passion for classical Turkish Islamic arts.
In October 2023 Qudsiyyah received ijaza from her teachers for Husnuhat (Islamic Calligraphy) in the Thuluth and Nesih scripts signed by her teachers and Reis ul Hattatitin Grand Master Hasan Çelebi.
- 6:30pm Doors Open
- 7:00pm Welcome from IslamicFamily: Ibrahim Long
- 7:05pm Introduction to Calligraphy and Artists: Dr. Qudsiyyah Bhayat
- 7:25pm Calligraphic Reflections: Hattat Ferhat and Zeynap Ferhat
- 7:50pm Viewing of Exhibit
- 9:00pm Conclusion of Event
- Attendance is free of cost.
- Each registrant must fill out a separate form to secure their spot.
- You will participate in beautiful reflection and enlightening conversation.
- Complimentary snacks will be provided.
- We have space for Salah when required.
- Childcare will not be provided.
- Registration for up to 60 people.
- Workshop will be photographed and shared on social media.
- We request that you wear socks if possible, as our space is shoe-free. Our space has shoe racks available if needed.
- If you are unable to attend, please inform us at least 48 Hours before the event, to allow us to accommodate other interested individuals.
- Please do not park in designated Capstone parking spaces.
- Grant MacEwan University lot is located across the street and parking is $5/hour, City of Edmonton parking is available on the street for $1/hour
- IslamicFamily is not liable if you receive parking tickets.